September 15, 2015

Monkeys. Monkeys. Monkeys.


Matilda loves her monkeys. Her love for the monkeys started when we got her new wubbanubs (a stuffed animal with a pacifier attached to it....yes, it sounds odd, but they are super cute. Google them.) when she was a wee baby She had a wubby with a giraffe, kitty, duck and monkey. The monkey was her favorite...or, was it our favorite? In any case, the monkey stuck with her. She wasn't big on her pacifiers, so I ended up taking all of them off the wubbanubs and sewing the mouths of the monkeys back together. Now, she only has the stuffed monkeys as her lovies. And, boy does she love them!!!

Another thing that Matilda loves is music. It is one of her favorite things to do - listen to music from our iPhones and carry them while walking around the house. Once in awhile she breaks into dancing. (She has already shown great interest toward So You Think You Can Dance performances.) Her favorite song is "Uptown Funk" by Mark Ronson. LOVES it!!!


A few weekends ago, I was making a baby blanket for a friend's baby. The blanket was made of flannel and super soft minky fabric. After I was done with the blanket, I showed it to the girls. Matilda came over with great enthusiasm, grabbed the blanket and took off. I had to fight her to get the blanket back. She had decided it was hers.
Since she is not a big fan of her sleepsacks anymore, I decided to make Matilda her own softy blanket. And, I just happened to have this awesome dancing monkey flannel in my stash of fabrics. How perfect!!! I bought the brown soft fabric from Joann Fabric.


I used the tutorial from Make It-Love it blog. It is super easy to follow and the blanket has turned out perfect each time. I have made four of these now. Here is tutorial: Self-binding-minky-baby-blanket.


I had so much extra fabric left that I made a matching sheet for Matilda's bed. Let me just tell you that the girl was SUPER excited about her very own soft monkey blanket, and the sheet in her bed that night made her even happier.

That's a lot of monkeys...


1 comment: